THE NEED FOR ALTERNATIVE ENERGY SOURCES?
It is not a hidden fact that constant power supply is still a problem that the Nigerian Government over the years has found it difficult to solve and map out. However, with the advances in technology, alternative sources of power has been developed overtime to fill the gaps for the shortfalls in power supply in Nigeria.
Solar and Inverter Systems are part of the alternative energy systems known.
There are various components of the Solar and Inverter Systems
- Solar Panels
An inverter is a device that converts a Direct Current into and Alternate Current Voltage to mostly supply electricity. The applications of DC involves several small types of equipment like solar power systems. Direct current is used in many of the small electrical equipment such as solar power systems, power batteries, power-sources, fuel cells because these are simply produced direct current.
A typical power inverter device or circuit requires a stable DC power source capable of supplying enough current for the intended power demands of the system. The input voltage depends on the design and purpose of the inverter.
An inverter may produce a square wave, modified sine wave, pulsed sine wave, pulse width modulated wave (PWM) or sine wave depending on circuit design. Common types of inverters produce square waves or quasi-square waves.
Inverters are measured in Kilo-Volts Amperes (KVA). Most inverters have power factors of 0.8. The amount of power of electrical appliances to be powered will determine the amount of KVA of inverter power that will be installed.
Converting KiloVolts Amps (KVA) to real-time Power in Watt
The real power P in watts (W) is equal to 1000 times the apparent power S in kilovolt-amps (kVA), times the power factor (PF):
So watts are equal to 1000 times kilovolt-amps times the power factor.
For example, an inverter marked as 4KVA whose power factor is 0.8 ias real Power in Watt calculated as followes:
Power = 1000 X 4KVA X 0.8
= 4000 X 0.8
The best sine wave inverters include:
- Luminous Cruze Inverter 4KVA/48V
- Luminous Zelio Inverter 1.5KVA/24V
- Luminous Solar Hybrid Inverter 1.5KVA/12V
- Luminous Eco Inverter 1.5KVA/24V
- Kartel XD-L 3.5KVA/24V and much more
You can get all these inverter here at Netsupport Technologies.
The battery is the component that stores the Direct Current (DC) Voltage being received. Batteries designations carries the AH values alongside the Voltage values. A 100AH battery can be expressed as 100 Amperes of current for one hour
The voltage of battery cell. Usually, it is referred as Nominal voltage. Almost all of the top brands of batteries have 12V or 24V.
There are three kinds of batteries in the market specifically Level plate battery, Rounded battery, and fixed upkeep free battery. Every single battery change contingent upon its inside innovation used to store the current. The elements which contrast are wellbeing, effectiveness, battery duration, upkeep, and cost. The point by point investigation of every single battery type is referenced underneath..
Get more information about batteries here.
A Solar electric panel is an assemblage of photo-voltaic cells in a framework of some types for installation.
Solar inverters convert the DC power to AC power by performing the process of maximum power point tracking (MPPT): solar inverter samples the output Power (I-V curve) from the solar cell and applies the proper resistance (load) to solar cells to obtain maximum power.
Buying and inverter:
- If you are first time buyer, try to purchase the Inverter, battery combo.
- It is good to buy Inverter trolley, so that you can place inverter, battery inside a trolley. It is easy to move if you place the Inverter, battery in a trolley. Before buying trolley make sure you have enough place in home to put the trolley
- Finally, make sure your home have proper earthing, to avoid accidental electrocution.
- Look for warranty, longer warranty means better products. As we have mentioned the price of battery increase if the warranty increase.
Increasing the life of inverter battery:
- First and most important, replenish the distilled water at right time. Depending on your battery type and usage pattern it may take one month to 3 months. Better keep a reminder in your smartphone calendar or make habit of checking on every first of the month.
- Apply grease the socket connections to protect the inverter battery from corrosion or rust decays. If there is corrosion already better to remove it with the help of the old brush, hot water and baking soda.
- The battery discharge completely once in a month and freshly charge it again. It will refresh the inner electrolyte.
- It is always better not to connect high load devices to the inverter and overuse the devices when they are not necessary. Using energy efficiency the home appliance also lowers the burden on the inverter battery significantly.
Kindly contact us for more tips